Thursday, August 7, 2008

Travis' Office

So, Travis is finally in his new office and immediately we realized we had tons of wall space to fill. So, being a little bit over achieving... I said I could make the artwork. I looked on-line researched some contemporary art... and then just tried it out. So, here are some of my attempts. I am very hesitant to post these.... because I'm sure that anyone who knows anything about art could tear these apart. But, for now here are my feeble attempts.






This isn't a great picture, but these are actually placemats. They look better from a far.


These leaves are from a gardening book from the library. They're just printed on computer paper. I was surprised our printer/copier could print that well. It has a hard enough time printing black.

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love the framed leaf prints...very cool.

Texas Jacksons said...

Good job Janine. Those look so professional. You impressed me.

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

Holy cow Janine.... you worked so hard!! They look so dang good, I can't believe you got them all done so fast.. you are amazing. :D

Sarah said...

I LOVE them! I'll take 2 for my new place!

Kajsa said...

hey you did a great job! i love all of it! good work girlie!

Leah said...

Those all look amazing, Janine! You are so talented; I'm jealous. :)

Tim and Melissa said...

Wow! I didn't know you were so artistic - they look awesome!

Brittany said...

janine! i'm impressed! love the first photo of the circles! i do my own artowrk too and think the same thing, but no one even second guesses that i painted it, they think it's from a store! if you didn't tell me you did them, i would have thought the same thing! they are great!