Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trip to Utah

The beginning of June was filled with lots of family time with my side of the family. My Older
Brother and his wife made the treck down here to visit us and we had such a great weekend with them. Me and the girls packed up drove up to Utah with them on their trip home. So, here are some pics of our time up in Utah. We had several days to just hang out and play and then we went to the Airport and picked up my little brother Brandon. After a little over 2 years he is finally home from his mission to the Hungary Budapest mission. It was so fun to see him and spend time with him. My family was even so nice and let me whisk him back to Arizona with me. He was such a trooper to ride with me on trip back to AZ. I was so lucky to have all that time to chat and catch up with him!

Highlights of the trip.... It was Art City days in Springville... meaning carnival, activities, concerts, fireworks, yummy food. Such a fun week! Spending a day up in Tremonton visiting both of my Grandma's that I love so much! Visiting with Travis' Dad and his boys. And lots of time with my sibilings and their kids. So fun!


They had this super cool Children's day at the Springville Art Museum. There were 20 boths set up with activities for the kids to do all for free! They had entertainment and food. It was packed with people, but the girls had a blast. Here's a few pics of them doing their projects.


Maddy and Hallie making Music Makers


Doing Impressionism drawings


Grandpa modeling the girl's "Wire Art" Glasses.


Grandma pulled out her own cotton candy maker for the kids. Maddy, Hallie, and J, anxiously awaiting their turn!


Magic show and concert in the park. A little bit of fried chicken beautiful weather... fun night! Maddy and Hallie sitting with my Dad and little brother Brandon.




Hallie Girl


My mamma juggling Livi and Miles (Tricia's little boy) at the Art City Parade. I think I may have been in the back ground rushing Hallie over to the bushes to vomit. She didn't make it. She collapsed onto the asphalt, dizzy and couldn't lift her head off the ground and then threw up several times. I know it sounds wierd because we came up from over 100 degree AZ weather to beautiful 70 and 80 degree Utah weather, but I think she was having some sort of heat exhaustion. It felt really hot that morning at the parade. Poor thing.


We spent one day up in Tremonton visiting both of my darling Grandma's Here we are with Great Grandma Miller. We had a great lunch and spent lots of time outside enjoying her Gardens and the Farm. It's so beautiful up there and reminds me so much of my childhood. I love it there and can't get enough! Love you and miss you Grandma!


We also went a few miles into town to visit my Grandma Hansen. Again, a favorite place of my childhood.... We had a great time chatting with her. Grandma always has lots of treats and somehow always prepares enough food for an army at only a moments notice. I don't know how or when exactly the subject of movies came up... but Grandma suggested that the girls watch the movie Conrad. It's an 80's movie about a boy who was born in a can.... anybody seen it before? Very 80's I'll just say that. The girls like it and talked about it for several days. It's never a long enough visit, be we were so glad we could spend a few hours with Grandma! Love you and miss you too!



Quick visit with Travis' Dad and his sons Connor and Dylan. We had a great time visiting with them. Dylan... Again... I"m so sorry that Livi kept throwing her fork at you during dinner.... I think we're almost past that phase now.




My sister's oldest boy J is the ultimate boys boy. He loves everything to do with balls.. footballs, baseballs, everything! So, for 2 years he has been begging to wear Brandon's Catcher's Helmet. Grandma kept telling him he needed to wait till Brandon came home from his mission to ask for his permission. So, J didn't miss a beat. I love this picture of him. Seriously this helmet was half his size. I think he was in heaven!!


My little Brother Casey and his cute little baby girl. She is the happiest little girl with big big smiles for everyone!!! She also has abs of steal and puts us all to shame with her amazing sit-ups that she can do. Maybe someday I'll have abs again.


OK... Casey's wife had her little sisters in town visiting while we were there. Maddy and Hallie had a blast playing with them. We need to coordinate that again! This particular evening they organized musical intermissions for us. One using these very high tech instruments... one singing all the words to one of Taylor swifts songs... and many more. Cute girls!!!

No comments: